Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer - HVAC in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Did you ever think that you would be able to impact programs that put astronauts on Mars, 3D printed satellites, or payloads that learn in orbit? Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthrough to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). The program’s two primary operating locations are Vandenberg AFB, CA and Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
Based in Cape Canaveral, FL, this Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Plan, design, and oversee the configuration, maintenance and management of complex commercial Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and related mechanical systems.
• Select and oversee the installation, operation, testing and maintenance of chillers, boilers, hydronic, air handling, and Heating and Direct Expansion (DX) Cooling systems.
• Monitor system performance
• Collect and review data concerning system operation and provide work instruction to skilled technicians
• Employ Predictive Maintenance Technologies (PdM: Infrared Thermography, Vibration Analysis, Ultrasonic and Motor Circuit Analysis) to manage system assets and ensure optimal system reliability
• Coordinate with Facility Managers, Schedulers and other stakeholders to meet unique mission requirements and milestones
• Review, develop, and estimate project requirements, costs and schedules
• Inspect and manage implementation of projects to ensure conformance with codes, drawings, specifications, schedules and related work documents
The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Basic Qualifications • Must have a Bachelor degree in an engineering or technical discipline. In lieu of a degree, candidates who have 8-10 years of experience in the work described will also be considered.
• Must be a US citizen
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI government security clearance.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and documentation skills
Desired skills • A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering highly preferred
• Experience in Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System
• Design, Analysis and Operation
• Familiarity with Direct Digital Control (DDC) Systems as applied to HVAC Systems
• Ability to read, interpret and apply mechanical system codes, drawings and specifications
• Familiarity with Section 608 of the Clean Air Act (Refrigerant Management Requirements)
• Familiarity with Predictive Maintenance Technologies (PdM)
• Familiarity with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) practices
• Ability to develop maintenance requirements and documentation for complex HVAC systems based on RCM analysis
• Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), MAXIMO preferred
• Familiarity with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) systems. AutoCAD preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Cape Canaveral Florida