Lockheed Martin Mechanic in Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Perform service and maintenance of aircraft systems, assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, evaluation, troubleshooting, modification, and repair duties on new or model aircraft, while performing a wide variety of installation duties. Ensure work is accomplished with high quality, on schedule, within budget, in a timely fashion, and is Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation (SAC) compliant.
- Follow prescribed procedures and detailed instructions to install, replace, or adjust a variety of components, sub-assemblies, and purchased units on aircraft.
- Utilize engineering drawings, specifications and sketches on aircraft.
- Keep records of maintenance and work status.
- Diagnose malfunctioning or worn parts, and other aircraft components and report problems to supervisor.
- Work with quality assurance for resolution on discrepant situations/issues.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
- Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-work as required.
- Report to lead or supervisor on work progress and updates including conditions surrounding failures to meet quality standards.
- Follow all Foreign Object Damage (FOD) and general housekeeping requirements.
- Follow all Environmental, Health, & Safety (EH&S) Rules and Regulations.
- Adhere to all policies governing Flight Line Safety and apply quality and Flight Safety Procedures.
- Utilize Solumina to document aviation maintenance for work methods, conformance to standards, and rework as required.
- Protect parts to prevent Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Perform all torque operations per specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications High School Diploma or equivalent (required), Technical School certification and/ or U.S. Military Experience (preferred)
Some of our aircraft mechanic positions require an A&P License 3+ years of applicable Sikorsky and/or industry experience working on a helicopter. Flight line experience may be required for some our mechanic positions.
This position is a FAA covered position which will require random drug and alcohol testing as mandated by the FAA.
Employees in this position may be working in a non-climate controlled environment such as a flight hangar or warehouse and be exposed to typical shop floor conditions such as noise, vibration, and grease. Following EHS policies such as wearing eye protection and being alert to one’s surrounding is mandatory at all times.
Hiring will be based on the successful completion of pre-employment testing including drug and alcohol testing, reference and background check.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to interpret schematics and/or technical drawings. Demonstrate strong organizational skills. Must be proficient in using a computer and in Microsoft Office programs. Ability to work with minimal supervision, and take direction from lead or supervisor. Must be able to multi-task.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Coatesville Pennsylvania