Lockheed Martin Mult Func Manufacturing Sr Mgr in Coatesville, Pennsylvania
The COO reports to the General Manager of the site and is the central focal point for providing leadership and managing all aspects of the Operations organization, to include Back-shops, Final Assembly, Completions and Flight Test / Delivery Center and Industrial Engineering. The COO’s primary responsibility is to proactively develop and implement effective processes, methods, metrics and organizational goals to achieve the safety, on-time, on budget, defect free aircraft assembly / completion / delivery, every time.
REGULAR ASSIGNED DUTIES AND REQUIRED PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- High attention to ensure the safety of the people and the product.
- Deliver all aircraft from Sikorsky Operations, Coatesville PA on time and maintain customer satisfaction at a 6.0 or greater level (on a 7 point scale).
- Ensure that all operations are performed in strict compliance with FAA requirements, industry accepted standard and best lean practices.
- Prepare aircraft and documentation for a successful customer delivery experience. In conjunction with the Quality organization, participate in regular quality audits and surveys, both internal and external, to gauge customer’s satisfaction with Sikorsky-PA’s products and services. Develop management reports that will clearly identify problem areas, and recommend specific actions to correct them.
- Implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state of the art practices.
- Continually evaluate new approaches to Lean Manufacturing and Enterprise Excellence used by Sikorsky, as a vehicle to both benchmark and improve Sikorsky-PA’s efforts by implementing Best in Class initiatives.
- Champion Enterprise Excellence (Continuous Improvement) and LEAN activities on site.
- Promote the mission, vision and values in order to maintain a strong relationship with employees, company's customers, suppliers and stockholders.
- Implement techniques to improve on-time delivery and increase customer satisfaction.
- Coach and mentor staff and employees in key positions to ensure that objectives are being met and continuous improvement ideas are being fostered throughout the shop.
- Partner with HR on merit planning, incentive compensation, the performance management process, manpower planning, succession planning and other employee relations matters.
- Ensure that a positive employee relations position is maintained promoting teamwork and cooperation.
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies, and programs are consistently practiced.
- Assume other responsibilities as directed by the General Manager
Basic Qualifications Bachelors Degree or higher in Operations Management or related discipline required. MBA or MS degree is preferred. Minimum of ten years in Aviation management or related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required. Strong knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma practices is required. Knowledge of Repair Station Manual (RSM) and applicable FAA regulatory requirements and other applicable regulatory agency guidelines for which the center is rated (e.g. EASA, DAS, etc.). The incumbent should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization.
The candidate hired will be expected to relocate and work some overtime to ensure flawless execution of customer commitments.
Regular exposure to high level executives and customers so strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Coatesville Pennsylvania