Lockheed Martin Senior Contracts Negotiator in Huntsville, Alabama
- Provides proposal preparation support (e.g., follow-on contracts, change orders and contract guidance).
- Reviews and evaluates customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts.
- Assists with preparation of proposals, preparation of proposal review briefing packages, fact finding and negotiation; = Provide risk assessments and offers creative contracting approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language / clauses.
- Investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc. and advises management of contractual rights and responsibilities.
- Candidate should have a working understanding of financial principals.
- Some travel may be required.
Basic Qualifications - Ability to obtain a security clearance - Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration, and close-out - Strong working knowledge of FAR / DFARS - Strong presentation skills - Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) - Ability to travel, as required
Desired skills - Incentive Fee knowledge of both Cost Type and Fixed Price arrangements. - Ability to coordinate DCAA and DCMA activities including audits, performance based payment plans. - Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Protection of Intellectual Property - Knowledge of the Electronic Contracting Environment (ECE). - Proven ability to work with stakeholders across multiple Business Units and geographical regions. - Familiarity with the IWTA system and related policies and procedures - Possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision - Prior experience working in an IDIQ contract environment, including the administration of multiple task orders and delivery orders
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Huntsville Alabama