Lockheed Martin Machine Repair A - Electronic Instrumentation in Littleton, Colorado
Determines methods and sequences of operation for all types of electronic and electro-mechanical control systems. Will analyze, troubleshoot, rebuild and repair components, systems and ancillary equipment related to conventional and automated machine tools, precision fabrication machines and other plant machinery and equipment to meet exact specifications/tolerances then validates repairs and adjustments. Disassembles, services, rebuilds, overhauls and repairs delicate electronic and electro-mechanical components then tests to validate repair meets requirements to ensure there is no introduction of error into system. Analyzes results of tests performed on machine tools and other equipment as it relates to electronic and electro-mechanical issues then repairs as needed to meet requirements. Diagnose, repair and tune highly sensitive complex circuits and components. Troubleshoot and repair Encoders, Scales, Drives, Resolvers, Transducers, SCR Power Controls and all associated equipment. Troubleshoot complex circuitry and controls with and without schematics and wiring diagrams. Sets up sensitive tools and measurement equipment to validate equipment condition and repair as required to meet specifications. Make critical and exact adjustments to control systems to correct nonconformance necessary to meet specifications. Performs hardware and software updates, and perform repairs as it relates to machine tool and equipment operations. Makes appropriate modifications to improve overall performance in order to satisfy specific manufacturing requirements. Regularly works without established procedures, performing a wide variety of nonstandard, complex tasks, requiring extensive knowledge of discipline. May estimate labor and equipment costs and prepare requisitions as required. Maintains and creates appropriate maintenance, inventory and repair logs. May perform a variety of duties in support of the Fire Alarm System for the Plant including testing, maintenance, and repairs. Must possess certifications required by the Company and Law.
Basic Qualifications • Minimum of 5 years experience in electronic/electro-mechanical machine tool repair and related maintenance to include multi-axis NC, CNC, DNC and applicable Robots.
• Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Multi-axis machine tool compensation.
• Ability to determine origin of failure between electrical, electronic and/or mechanical.
• Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc).
• Linux and MS Operating Systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing Analog and Digital controls.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance.
• Must be able to work shifts in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
• Must be able to maintain all certifications as required.
Desired skills • Familiar with Metrology as it relates to calibration of machine tools and temperature uniformity.
• Ability to operate multiple machine tool and robot control platforms.
• Experience and understanding of Autoclaves and Ovens as it pertains to composites manufacturing.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Experience with Renishaw Laser, Rotary Calibrator and Ballbar.
• Experience with welding principles and processes.
• Experience with signal counters and generators.
• RS 485 & 232.
• NICET Level 1 (Fire Alarm Systems & Inspection and Testing).
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado