Lockheed Martin RF Engineer Associate (Entry Level) in Littleton, Colorado
_Littleton, Colorado_: 'The RF Payloads Center of Excellence is seeking an entry level RF design engineer for the new technology development of Electronically Steerable Array (ESA) Payloads and associated new business pursuits. This individual will be part of the team completing the detailed RF design of the entire RF path within the ESA from the radiating elements all the way to the A/D converter and the beam former / processor. They will be part of a multi-disciplined technical team in developing and maturing the RF design given an architecture throughout the entire program life cycle for ESA Payloads flight sub-systems. The preferred candidate will work in successfully executing tasks in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment focused on developing and delivering advanced ESA technologies. Specific tasks include:
- Develop the detailed RF design for a given ESA architecture for the end-to-end RF ESA systems
- Develop models and use tools for systems trades for link budgets, cascade analysis, antenna elements, capacity, availability, Etc.
- Perform analysis, modeling and simulation of the end-to-end the payload system
- Working with of Antenna elements, LNA's, diplexers, tri-plexers, filters, mixers & LO's, combiners, SSPA's, AD/DA converters, TDU's, Phase shifters and attenuators, ASIC's, MMIC's, RFIC's, beam steering command and control, Etc.
- Working with the RF design tools such as HFSS, CST MW Studio, FEKO, ADS, AWR Microwave Office, SystemVue, Zuken, Altium Designer, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Etc.
- Participate as part of the team completing the detailed design / layout of RF and Communications ESA subsystems from components to boards to boxes to sub-systems to full systems
- Interface with subject matter experts and providers of various subsystem products and technologies
- Support new business and technology opportunities through RFI/RFP and internal investments
_Keyword\Phrases Include_: RF Engineering, RF Architect, Shape Reflectors, active electronically steerable array, ESA, AESA Satellite Communications, SATCOM, Microwave, A2100 Spacecraft, Multi-Beam, Spot-Beam, Phased Array Radar, TIRCA WIPL-D, HFSS, NEC, SATSOFT, POS, CHAMP, COBRA, GRASP Electro-Magnetics, EMI, EMC.
Basic Qualifications Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (with microwave, RF or electromagnetics emphasis) from an accredited college. Industry experience in the area of RF and communications systems development, analysis and test for space applications Exposure to Electronically Steerable Array architecture concepts, design, analysis, test and space deployment Experience in RF modeling and simulation Effective written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with MS Office tools Willingness to travel on a limited basis for vendor oversight and customer interaction Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and documentation skills Ability to obtain SCI Clearance
Desired skills Current TS/SCI security clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado