Lockheed Martin Engineering Lab Project Lead in Stratford, Connecticut
Assist with the planning, supervision and direction of activities in support of Test and Development projects associated with the Stratford Engineering Test laboratories.
Responsible for assisting with daily scheduling, direction and oversight of technical activities associated with laboratory operations. Must possess the skills and experience necessary to effectively coordinate multiple projects and the work of a group of technical assistants and specialists. Must possess and demonstrate effective leadership and communication ability, develop staff and effectively make improvement towards productivity, efficiency, quality and safety.
Specific roles and responsibilities include one or more of the following areas of technical and operation oversight. Fluid power system development, fabrication, diagnostics, and maintenance activities. Mechanical, instrumentation and controls system build up, commissioning and operation associated with complex test facilities. Instrumentation, strain gage, data acquisition, component and electrical equipment calibration activities associated with Ground and Flight test development programs. SIL, avionics, flight controls, simulator system platform development, build up and maintenance activities. Additional responsibilities would include diagnostics and technical support of engineering investigations and projects associated with aircraft flight control, transmission systems, blades, fuel systems and aircraft mechanical subsystems.
Additional roles and responsibilities include
• Planning, execution and tracking of the collective lab TPM process. Responsible for the scheduling of TPM activities, procurement of required materials and assets, including critical spares, min / max balance. Monthly status and report of TPM associated metrics. Includes negotiation and processing of annual service contract agreements.
• Monthly status and tracking of lab 6S activities. Provide a monthly report and metric associated with the 6S process. Identification and corrective actions as a result of audit analysis. Documentation of process improvements related to the 6S process.
• ESH associated activities such as auditing of ECP and LOTO process requirements. Assistance and participation in the development of required JSA assessments. Auditing of DFES requirements associated with lab processes. Assist with the conduct and documentation of internal periodic audits in support of ESH policy and procedures. Conduct of test facility safety inspections and compliance audits.
• Test Facility infrastructure assessments. Work with lab supervision to conduct periodic lab test facility inspections in order to identify issues associated with building structure, building systems, facility related issues. Develop a short and long term plan to correct discrepancies, build long term plan to sustain appropriate infrastructure integrity.
• Support the development of a consolidated 5 year lab specific capital plan.
• Lab consumable process improvement. Identify opportunities to consolidate lab consumable expenditures. Analyze existing established min / max balance systems for cost and performance. Identify additional opportunities for lab consumables consolidation and management. Establish a means to forecast annual use of RAWMA.
• Lab staff technical skill and training assessments and develop plan. OJT template creation, revisions, and maintenance.
• Standard work assessments and reviews.
• IQA /ISO audit preparation and associated corrective action. Periodic internal audit process in support of annual audit schedules.
• Lab operating metrics. Development, refinement and implementation of standard reporting tools, weekly report templates.
Basic Qualifications 5 years of professional experience in a test environment with a 4 year Degree 7 years of professional experience in a test environment with a 2 year Degree 9 years of professional experience in a test environment
Desired skills Prefer candidate with project management, operation metrics development, management and reporting experience. Prefer candidates with previous operations or test laboratory supervisory experience. Prefer candidates with previous experience supervising and managing diverse teams of technical specialists.
Must be able to serve as a positive contributing member of the Sikorsky Research and Engineering laboratory community. Will be expected to proactively support the development and implementation of strategies, processes, standard work, work instructions, mentoring and training of technical staff to ensure organizational commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements. Must demonstrate a high level of compliance to all ES&H, Government and Sikorsky Aircraft policies and procedures. Must demonstrate active participation and positive leadership relative to continuous process improvement activities associated with the Engineering Laboratory organization.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Stratford Connecticut