Lockheed Martin Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
The candidate will support Space Systems Company Environment, Safety and Health department (ESH) in the on-going management and enhancement of ESH programs and regulatory compliance. The candidate will perform inspections, ergonomic assessments, ESH program assessments, mishap investigations, determine and manage corrective actions, conduct ESH training, and ensure the proper documentation of OSHA recordables injuries. Candidate must be able to work with the customer (Navy, Army & DOD, etc.) and with company command media. Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure regulatory compliance. Conduct worker training in areas such as safety and environmental laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring and use of safety equipment. Assist with generating ESH program documents, developing and delivering the contractual data deliverables, collecting and presenting ESH metrics, supporting organizational safety initiatives, assist in developing safety training materials. The candidate must be able to work on-call and varied shifts on occasion and may be required to travel infrequently.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years minimum professional experience.
• The candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of California OSHA/Federal OSHA and California EPA/Federal EPA regulations and associated compliance programs.
• Knowledge or experience in ESH subject areas, particularly industrial safety, including elevated work, confined space entry, construction safety, Lockout/Tag out, lifting and handling, scaffold safety, machine guarding, fall protection, cranes, and other industrial safety programs as well as emergency response.
• Demonstrated experience creating compliance documents, implementing programs, and monitoring for compliance.
• This position is located at a facility that requires special access therefore candidate must have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Desired skills • Professional ESH experience in satellite manufacturing or industrial environment.
• Strong written and communication skills, ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strengths in customer service and cooperative teaming, and demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects/tasks, effectively prioritizing tasks and work load, and ensuring timely closure of assignments.
• Professional Safety Certification (OHST, CSP or other) or safety degree.
• Ordnance/laser/radiation experience.
• Aerospace or Defense industry experience is a plus.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Sunnyvale California