Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer / RF Testing & Antenna Design / Camden, NJ in Camden, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
- Generate and maintain ship Topside studies necessary to support various US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) shipbuilding programs.
- Perform engineering analysis including Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and antenna coverage analysis relative to shipboard Topside arrangements.
- Perform detailed antenna analysis to evaluate installed antenna patterns and develop design solutions to maintain optimal shipboard antenna performance.
- Work with designers and engineers in developing Sensor and Weapon Topside arrangement models in 3-D CAD and converting the physical models into simulation software format for electromagnetic analysis.
- Develop ship topside equipment computer databases and spreadsheets in various formats including Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Work with various CAD systems in converting vendor and shipbuilder supplied data into applicable formats for use in design studies.
- Develop analysis of electromagnetic effects to and from designated shipboard systems or equipment.
- Liaison with the ship program leads, shipbuilders, other customers and vendors in technical evaluations, design reviews and integrated process team meetings.
- Develop final engineering reports and presentations that detail the results of the engineering studies and present results at customer meetings and working groups.
- Perform ship surveys to determine or verify installation requirements and parameters.
- Support shipboard and land installation and test efforts.
- Availability to travel worldwide.
Basic Qualifications 1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or commensurate experience. 2. Detailed knowledge of communication and antenna theory and application. 3. In depth knowledge in RF antenna design and system analysis. 4. Experience in RF testing. 5. Experience with electromagnetic modeling software including FEKO and CST. 6. In-depth knowledge of personal computers and various operating systems (Including Windows and UNIX). 7. Detailed experience with Microsoft Office software package. 8. Strong written and verbal skills. 9. Secret Clearance or ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
Desired skills 1. Knowledge and understanding of ship design and shipboard systems. 2. Experience in use of 3-D mechanical design systems such as AutoCAD and experience in conversion of CAD models into various formats.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Camden New Jersey